Sunday, August 10, 2008


Well, I know it's been awhile since I posted and for that I'm sorry. We were on vacation for a 7 days and then Anthony had to turn around and go to NC for work. He was only supposed to be there from Sun-Fri but the testing wasn't going well and he is having to stay until tomorrow. We hope his boss doesn't want him to stay longer than that.

About our vacation, it was fun and really hard to come back to the day to day routine. Even though the ocean was freezing, it was really nice just being able to hear the ocean waves and watch David as he played in the sand. He usually loves the water, but not when it's like ice water - I learned that if you stayed in it a while you got used to it, but then your legs would get numb. David just screamed whenever the water touched him.

We went to Ocean City and walked around the boardwalk until we couldn't walk anymore. They have a little amusement park for the kids and some of the ride were small enough that David got to ride them. The first ride was a hot air balloon ride which was kind of like a tea cup ride; however, you have no control over the spinning on this one and because of that David was scared to death. I went on it with him and tried to calm him down, Anthony said I scared him for life! I don't think so, because as soon as we got off he turned around and started pointing at it again and saying something (again, he has his own language right now).

They had little cars he could drive and little boats to ride in that he was tall enough to go on by himself. He did great! I think he loved the cars the best because he had 2 steering wheels he could grab onto. On the boat ride he was having fun ringing the bell and then 2 other kids got on "his" boat in the back. All he did was stare at them and try to ring their bell - the little girl was too happy about that :)

The next day we took him to the Atlantic City Aquarium, this kid loves to watch fish. They had a huge turtle swimming with the big fish. He got to "pet" a horseshoe crab, a star fish and ray fish of some sort. We then walked around the "Walk", it's an outdoor outlet mall and we found some great deals.

We also went to the Cape May Zoo! This zoo was free and is run only by donations. The zoo was huge, we were there almost 4 hours and still didn't see it all. Tons of different animals, birds and wildlife it's hard to imagine it's all run on donations.

It was nice seeing Anthony's family and friends and of course they all spoiled David. Now all he wants is for us to hold him - not gonna happen. Day care is helping us to get him back to how he was before vacation.

Speaking of day care, David promotes to a toddler class on the 18th of this month. Originally he wasn't going to be able to go with his current class to the new class mainly because he was the youngest. They had a computer pick the classes and the cut off was the 12th of May - 1 day!!! At first I was okay with it because he was going into a class that we knew 2 of the kids and because David is so easy going, he would have adjusted just fine. But then Anthony and I talked about it and we felt he should be able to stay with the kids he has already formed a relationship with and would be comfortable with when there was a change of the teachers. I had emailed the school's director about changing him and they said they couldn't because they had someone that fit, age wise, better than David - blah blah blah. They ended up putting us on the list for the class in case anyone dropped or there was some sort of shift in other classrooms that would make it possible. I was just about in tears but when I went to pick him up that night, someone had already dropped and David got into the class.

This week has been a little tough, trying to get myself, David and the dogs ready before I went to work. I had to rearrange my allergy shots so I didn't have David with me (I usually went first thing in the morning on the way into work). I took the bumpers out of the crib and somehow that helped him sleep better at night. I wonder if the bumpers made him a bit claustrophobic and that's why he would wake up screaming? He also has become attached to his blanket and baby Big Bird; once I tell him I Love him and give him a good night kiss, I give him his Big Bird and blanket and he falls right to sleep. I so nice not having to fight with him every night when it's bed time.

His vocabulary is getting bigger, however it's still hard to understand most of the stuff he's saying. He now says "tanley" for Stanley, he gets on the phone with Anthony and says "Hi Dada", and he says Mama! FINALLY, I only carried him for 9 months, gave birth to him and it takes him 14 months to say Mama! I need to start writing down when he says something new because I forget. It seems like he grew a lot while we were on vacation as well - we'll find out for sure on Thursday as he has his 15 month check up. I know I say this a lot, but every day he does something that amazes me. We bought him a booster seat while on vacation and he already figured out how to buckle himself in and he, unfortunately, has figured out how to get his arms loose from the car seat!

Sorry this is so long, I'll do more catch up later - time for bed!

No comments: