Saturday, August 16, 2008

Happy Saturday!!

Boy, it's harder than I thought to keep up with this blog. Anthony came back in town Monday night and I was happy to get some help with David.

Last Friday, David bit 2 kids in his classroom; didn't break the skin but all the same. He's getting more teeth, almost a full mouth now. He had his 15 month check up on Thursday, he's 30 1/2" tall, 22#15oz - this puts him in the 27 percentile but his head measurement is in the 90th percentile. Doctor said he was advanced as far as his cognitive skills and verbalization skills (I have to agree that he's a pretty smart cookie!)

Last Saturday, I finally got my Hot Stone Massage that Anthony and David bought me for Mother's Day. Steve and Michelle watched David for me since Anthony was still out of town and they took him to Wild River Country and I met there after my massage. Michelle, Samantha and I went down some water slides while Uncle Steve watched David.....this is what we found when we got back! Don't you just love his Budda belly? The picture makes it look like he's red, but he's not - he actually has a great tan going on. I guess I need to download it from my phone, so once I do I'll add it.

David starts "toddler" class on Monday. He goes to a new room with new teachers and we are very excited. We will definitely miss his old teachers as they were so good to him and us as new parents. Ms. Tracy got herself a new job at a Catholic school down the road, running the infant care, so we are excited for her. Ms. Tanis moves to a different room but won't be too far away, so David can go visit her when he wants. His new classroom has a table for them to eat at, lots of room to play and learn. Anthony talked to Ms. Beatrice (I think that's her name) about potty training and she said they don't normally potty train them in this class, but since David already squats when he's going potty she might try it on him and see how he does. Wouldn't that be nice!!!

Anthony found out yesterday that he has to go back to NC for work, he leaves Sunday around 11am and "should" be back on Wednesday night. His boss is even going this time, so hopefully they get all the testing done and won't run into problems again.

It's overcast today and is supposed to rain every day until Tuesday (welcome to Arkansas), so we aren't going to the water park today. There's a new kids place in south Little Rock that is supposed to blow Chuckee Cheese out of the water (which, personally I don't really like) so we might go there today. Has indoor bumper cars and a section just for kids David's age with good food. Then tonight we are going out for a nice dinner.

No comments: